Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all. It was a week ago today that I was hungover, ashamed, lost, hopeless, sad, embarresed, etc… Today I don’t feel those things. I have gone back to AA, reconnected with my sponsor, and feel like I’m on the road to recovery. I am an alcoholic – no doubt about it. I have been going to AA for 3 years off and on (mostly off). I really am going to go to any length to assure my sobriety.

The reason for this post is two fold. 1. I am very proud of my week and VERY GRATEFUL for it. 2. To show anyone out there struggling that it is possible. I would put my obsession to drink against anyone out there. If I can do it, so can you. I have a looooong way to go. But I will continue to force my actions to do the right thing. Even if I mentally don’t want to do it. Like going to meetings, reading, participating in this site, working out, etc… If I am left alone to do what I want, I will self destruct. It’s all about creating a new life.

As the saying goes, “Nothing changes, if nothing changes”. I want to be sober. And I want my 30 day token more than you’ll ever know. I have not been 30 days sober since I was 15. That was a looong time ago. Thank you everyone for support. There really is good in the world. A week ago I didn’t see that.

Best of luck everyone!!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.