Search for Addiction Treatment Centers Near You Forums Substance Abuse 3 weeks clean and facing the feelings – I don’t like it…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

So next week, I’ll be getting my 30 day coin.

Very thankful for my recovery, my sobriety. But I now have to face all of these feelings I ran away from all of these years. It’s not fun.

I’m angry and lonely and sad. All of this **** is slapping me in the face. I’m very uncomfortable in my skin. I just keep telling myself to get through the day. And I do.

I feel like a child though with all of these emotions. I don’t know what to do with them. Except feel them. Feel how lonely I’ve been being married to someone who has been drinking and drugging from the time we met. Feel how angry I’ve been for the way I let people treat me, as though I don’t matter as much as everyone else. And this boredom, this sense of emptiness, the constant question, “Is this all there is?” that I seem to run or try to escape from all the time. Ugh.

I know that the only way out is through. I just needed to vent to someone. I already feel better just saying these words. Thanks for listening.

Laurie

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.