Was late to services at my usual church this morning, so I took Mom to a different church. They did communion today, and we took it. When I drank the tiny shot of grape juice, I realized that they had used real wine!
I absolutely did not expect this, and since all the other churches I had been to used grape juice, it didn’t occur to me that any protestant church might even consider using alcoholic wine. But it was definitely alcoholic. My liver sucked it up, and just from that tiny little bit, I got a little warmth in my arms and chest.
Did I screw up here? Should I say I am back to day 1 sobriety? Tell me I am overreacting. Please.