- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 years, 2 months ago by Anonymous.
- October 26, 2015 at 3:55 pm#37737AnonymousInactive
Here are my thoughts..
I’m so much of an egomaniac that I think asking my friends in AA might sway them to my side of thinking which I don’t want!
1. If God is responsible for our being sober.. if we did not “do it” if it was “god that kept us sober” why the hell do we congratulate people and celebrate Birthdays??
2. If God is what keeps us from the first drink, is AA implying that Alcohol is more powerful than god? As we all know as alcoholics after the first drink we’re F’d. It’s downhill from there. If we leave it up to god why can’t he stop the second? Why can’t God make us drink “normal”.
3. How can I want what someone in AA has, when what I want is control of my life. I want to be able to control “NOT DRINKING”. AA teaches us we will never have control, we have to leave it up to god? That’s not what I want.
I’m a very unwilling pissed off Athiest. I don’t like being atheist, I hate it. But it’s like believing in the easter bunny to me, It sounds like a wonderful belief I just can’t ..
I’m scared to death I’m going to end up like one of the people my sponser talks about… he says… Some people are just going to have to die.
is that me?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.