- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 years, 3 months ago by Anonymous.
- October 6, 2015 at 10:52 pm#37596AnonymousInactive
Hi All –
I want to introduce myself. I am new to 12 Step National Meetings, but have been really impressed by all of your posts and support. I am constantly amazed by the care that you all show for one another, especially those in need.
My story quickly –
– The tremendous personal stress that I put on myself is my main character defect that drove me to be a “at home, after the kids go to bed (mostly)” drinker (read this as “control freak”)
– Almost 9 months sober
– AA, working on 4th-6th step right now with sponsor
– Pretty high bottom, but was progressing downward quickly
Best part of being sober
– Regaining positive momentum while developing new life tools to relax and take one day at a time
Worst part of being sober
– Having to re-learn how to live life and deal with a lot of the pain, stress, and fear that I was covering up using alcohol
I look forward to contributing.
I am grateful to be part of this group.
(New) ME as of 1/11/09
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.