Search for Addiction Treatment Centers Near You Forums Substance Abuse Surviving the Impossible: My Story

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • #37410

    The event that led to my quitting heroin was a car crash about two weeks ago. That night I took a very fatal dose of Clonazepam (I didn’t know it was fatal at the time, this was not a suicide attempt). I started driving home and crashed into the guard rail on the side of the road before I got even a half a mile up the road.

    Well, I’m 19 now, but when I was 15 and 16 I got addicted to prescription pain killers, not to kill pain, but to get high, and they were not hard to find. within about 3 or 4 months of taking them though I had quit. I thought I would never touch opiates again

    Then this past summer, probably beginning in about late April I began smoking black tar heroin with my new roommate, who has been a friend of mine since I was 16. Living with her was quite depressing, and I was already depressed, so I guess I was just medicating myself, and she had the medicine.

    Then like I said about two weeks ago I overdosed on heroin and tranquilizers and wrecked my car. Luckily I did not hit anybody else. Well I blacked out the rest of the night, but apparently I treated the cops and paramedics like **** when they arrived, I said evil things to my dad, and I nearly died. There was more than a few doctors at the hospital who were absolutely convinced that the drugs in my system were simply way too much and the fact that I was still alive then was a medical miracle, the fact that I have no brain damage and I didn’t go into a coma was pretty damn lucky, too. I believe the loving hands of the universe were hugging me close that night. It’s not my time to go

    The next day is a blur, too.

    Well I went to Cedar Springs (I don’t know if you know what that is, it’s a kind of voluntary rehab center) for a couple days because everybody was recommending that at the moment, but I found after only one night, it wasn’t helping, and I needed to recover with my family, mainly because I was so sad about what had happened, the only thing that would help me was a good long hug from my little sister (who’s 17 yrs old). Let’s just say it was better than any other help I could get.

    So now it’s been about a week and a half with no heroin whatsoever. I must admit, the first few days were so depressing and painful I felt my body would simply give up on me. Now, however, I’m feeling much much better, although I still can’t sleep more than a few hours a night, and I’m still a bit sad, but I’m moving forward again.

    So my court date’s in a month and a half and I’m hoping they won’t take my license, I’ve picked up the guitar and piano again, and started writing songs again, which hasn’t happened for months, and it’s been great being a musician again.

    It still amazes me to no end that I breathe today, I miss my car and my drivers license, but I’m glad I’m alive.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.