- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
- December 3, 2016 at 2:07 pm#40931AnonymousInactive
I’ve discussed this a little in another thread, and thanks to the people who already shared their ideas – I’d just like to expand on the subject a little here.
I’m on day 9 and have been planning to come completely clean with my wife about the drinking I have been doing without her knowledge, the hiding booze, lying – all of it. She knows that I’m trying to quit drinking, and even that I’ve been to AA, but she doesn’t have any idea how bad it really was. I figured it’s important to tell her for two reasons:
1. She deserves to know who she’s married to.
2. Once I come clean with her I’ll be able to truly lean on her for support, and will be much less able to sneak around should I be tempted in the future (possibly a selfish reason, but there you have it).
SO…. I’m all geared up to tell her and then some people at AA are insisting that it’s a bad idea, unnecessary, will destroy trust etc etc. I don’t know what to do now and would love to hear some ideas on the subject. I want to do the best thing for her, but I can see both sides of the argument – it’s a bit of a tough call.
Thanks everybody, I hope you’re all doing well
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.